Congressional Twilight Zone: Repealing ObamaCare Increases The Deficit!
Congressional ObamaCare supporters entered the minority January 5 the same way they ran the House of Representatives the last four years: In the political version of the Twilight Zone. In an astonishing claim, former Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said repealing ObamaCare would “increase” the chronic budget deficit (see David Limbaugh at Townhall.com).
More absurd than that was her defense of the “pay as you go” rule which the new Republican majority expedited to the capitol dumpster (see Emily Miller at Human Events). Billed as a way to keep spending in check by mandating any new program be paid for, it was a subterfuge for increased spending — just raise the money to pay for it. Then she seriously (or at least acted serious) lambasted the Republican “cut as you go” reform that mandates any new spending must be paid for with a commensurate cut in another program. Pelosi and her colleagues remarkably said this would increase the deficit. (Her way worked so well, it added $5.1 trillion to the national debt in four years.) Which brings us to ObamaCare.
Ms. Pelosi and other loudmouth libs such as Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-Fla.) (see Andrew Marcus at BigGovernment.com) and Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) (see Washington Times) said that a successful GOP repeal of ObamaCare would increase the deficit (see Conn Carroll at The Heritage Foundation’s The Foundry blog). Only in Nancy’s Washington World of Political Paranormal does spending more than a trillion dollars bring down the deficit.
Elected officials are supposed to be public servants, thus the vocation of public service. But in Nancy’s bizarre perception of how things work, Washington is the master and we serve it, which is why she now finds herself in the minority — and in her own little world. It’s one screenplay Rod Sterling didn’t think of. But the next time Nancy speaks, someone should cue the music.
No comments yet.
- Obama’s New “Waiver Flexibility” Plan To States Is Path To Single Payer Faster
- Thomas Sowell On ObamaCare’s “Facts And Fables”
- Taranto On Death Panels, Individual Mandate And More
- FDA De-Listing Of Avastin A Precursor To Life In The Age Of Obama
- Another Great ObamaCare Repeal Speech: Virginia Freshman Morgan Griffith
- Representative Steve King’s ObamaCare Repeal Floor Speech
- Best Speech On ObamaCare Repeal? How About Steve King’s?
- Who Says There’s No Bipartisanship On ObamaCare?
- Brevity Is The Soul Of Repeal
- Congressional Twilight Zone: Repealing ObamaCare Increases The Deficit!
- Year, Cinderella Not The Only Things That Changed At Midnight
- Volume 8: Promises ObamaCare can’t keep